Senior Program Manager
The Women Donors Network (WDN) seeks a full-time SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER based in San Francisco to join the organization in an exciting new period of growth.
WDN is a thriving and inclusive community of 250 progressive women philanthropists from around the country, united by a shared vision of justice and equity for all. Our members are bold and entrepreneurial and are willing to take risks; they combine their resources, time, and talents to support their progressive values. WDN provides the structure to help our donors be their most powerful selves, supporting movement-building work with bedrock funding, offering trainings and regional gatherings, and incubating high-impact initiatives that create long-lasting change.
As Senior Program Manager, you’ll help develop strategy and implement programs for both the Women Donors Network, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, and WDN Action, our recently created 501(c)(4) sister organization that has a more explicit focus on advocacy and electoral politics. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to develop and manage programs and funding strategies that focus on:
- Racial Justice, including support for the Movement for Black Lives
- Grassroots movement-building
- Reproductive Justice
- Civic engagement of underrepresented communities
- Advocacy, lobbying, ballot initiatives, and electoral politics
Working collaboratively with small groups of WDN members who are interested in these areas, you’ll research and build key relationships with grassroots movements, advocates, and activists and manage grantee relationships across these different areas. In this role, you’ll also help lead programs for the WDN community at large, as well as take on special projects as our programs evolve.
We are organized and detail-oriented, so you should be, too. It’s essential that you are both a team player and a self-starter who can ask the right questions and find the resources and connections you need. We value collaboration and working in small groups, so this should be important to you as well, and we expect that you’ll share our passion for social change and our entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for someone who loves grassroots organizing and working with diverse groups of individuals, and who thrives on creating and implementing new strategic vision.
We prioritize applying an intersectional lens to all of our work, and believe that a diverse staff is integral to everything we do. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and LGBTQ, bilingual and bicultural individuals.
ONCE HERE, YOU WILL…
- Work closely with member committees to lead strategy and long-term vision for different initiatives.
- Facilitate regular meetings of key member stakeholders – creating opportunities for members to connect with leaders and movements fighting injustice, synthesizing learning, and helping lead our members from learning to action.
- Develop and leverage relationships with activist leaders, issue experts, and grantee partners, ensuring that WDN’s work aligns with and supports communities on the frontlines, consistent with our values.
- Ensure the quality of our overall grantmaking, including identifying high-impact work to support and mobilizing support for it within our network of donor members.
- Collaborate with other staff members to help develop and lead broader member engagement, major programs, and special projects.
- Define and manage efficient systems and processes to ensure that communications and programming run smoothly.
- Design and create compelling communications about our funding and programs for our members and other audiences, in collaboration with our communications team.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in membership organizations, community organizing, donor organizing, policy work, or other relevant experience.
- The ability to take initiative, problem solve, and manage complex projects on tight timelines.
- A history of working with diverse constituencies and an excellent track record of building trusting relationships and listening to diverse viewpoints.
- Strong group facilitation experience and aptitude for consensus-building, diplomacy, and motivating others to take action.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to effectively communicate the importance of this crucial work to different audiences.
- Experience writing compelling strategy documents, marketing materials, or program reports.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise or experience in some of the issue areas and social justice strategies that WDN focuses on.
- Demonstrated values consistent with the mission and vision of WDN, including embracing intersectionality and a racial justice lens as a core value of our work.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working with high-net-worth donors
- Experience working in a foundation, philanthropic advising, or nonprofit organization
- Experience in community organizing, movement-building, racial and gender justice work, electoral politics, or issue campaigns
- Program design and implementation or project management experience
- Policy analysis or advocacy experience
- Demonstrated skills in writing memos, papers, and communications tools for diverse audiences
The salary range for this position is $85,000-$105,000 based on skills and experience, with excellent health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits, and the possibility of occasional telecommuting. We offer a positive work environment that supports work-life balance. This position is full time, exempt, and generally office-based. Our standard daily hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience
- Current resume
- 1-page writing sample
- Three references with contact information
Materials should be submitted via email as one single PDF attachment. Please include Senior Program Manager, Your Name in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Absolutely no calls, please.
WDN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, color, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. The working environment and physical demands of this position include the use of general office equipment; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; using a keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time; and hearing and vision within normal ranges for computer work. Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations will be made so that disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise us of your needs in writing at the time of application.